Tuesday, May 20, 2008

HELP!!!!!

On those days that just go so wrong I usually try to think of what i could learn from them and how to improve upon them.  However today I told my husband that my children today became poster children for the public schools. The thought of sending them somewere else to be educated looked very good today.   I went to bed last night with high hopes of what our day would be like.  Due to the schools being closed for primary elections i thought today would be a jump start to summer (please let summer go better than today).  Well all the angels slept in and then got up with more energy then I ever recall my children having.  I think that the fact that it is May and only 55 degrees outside may be part of the problem- haha usually by this time of the year the heat does its part in wearing the little guys out.  Anyway- all three of the little ones decided to do their best to pester, bug or generally drive the other two crazy. During the beginning of all of this I decide I have been a loser as far as potty training Amelia and must stick with it today- we are done with pull- ups, diapers etc.  Well that was a disaster- Amelia basically wet her pants twice and pooped in them twice.  I soon realized that I am really 7 months pregnant with twins and cleaning up accidents was crazy.  I am going to have to chill out on the potty training and realize life changes the more children you have- and at this point I do not think that it is possible for Amelia to be out of diapers before the twins are here.  Amelia cried everytime she was put on the potty and said "it is too hard to be a big girl".  All the drama when all I am asking is her to use a toliet.   I was quite proud of myself as through all the insanity the tv was not on one time nor the computer come to think of it- maybe it should have been- haha  At one point when Darcy called to chat I said i thought i was losing my mind- i think he is a little concerned about what his summer looks like with me being out of commission with the twins arrival.  Well as i was getting the kids ready for bed- the kiddos were all in the bathroom brushing their teeth and talking- as i walk up I hear Amelia talking as loud as she can saying "look i wearing my dress to bed- i cinderelly"  She has a new nightgown which we are finding to be a big deal!  The boys were saying "wasn't today the best day- i am so glad school is almost done"  I wanted to burst out laughing as i really don't think they have any clue how close their mom was to begging the doctor to put me on bed rest till the twins arrive- haha   needless to say hearing their little conversation was enough to spur me on to do the bedtime routine and realize I am probably overreacting to a lot of their behavior due to my own tired body, and that above all I am one blessed mama to have such a house full of noise, adventure and love!

1 comment:

Slim said...

You are quite right that life changes with more children. I have decided that most of life with young children is really just treading with our noses just above the water line and the things that keep us afloat are the moments of joy in all of the living that has to be done. Enjoy those precious moments of mommydom! You are a fantastic mommy!