Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday Craziness

Well i must admit that i am not the best at making the holidays memorable or taking time to do the little extra things.  Since me and Darcy had Walt some almost 8 years ago the holidays to me have been about surviving them with little ones and trying to make the most of traveling- in other words trying to make sure that all my children remember is not me losing my mind on family trips.  I am usually a laid back person but for some reason traveling and the holidays  mixed together is a little much.  Well i will go ahead and post about our day and it will speak for itself.  After talking with a friend this morning I decide that we are going to spend a lot of time this December at our house and even though we are traveling it does not start until the 19th- in other words it would be a shame not to have a tree.  Well down to the basement i go to drag up the decorations,lights and a little tree for the front window.  After setting up the little tree, which ment rearranging furniture and trying to locate extension cords and shoving Ben and Ella's pacifiers in multiply times we are ready to decorate.  This was going to be just mine and Amelia's tree. "Decorate away "I say she reply's "I only want to put Santa's on the tree"  you say how can that be a big deal - it kind of is when you only have 2.  After much talking we decided that several other "special" ornaments were allowed on the tree.  Around 1 Darcy woke up (after working all night) and I beg him to get a tree- i have the spot all ready:)  He agrees and takes the two boys with him- at this time I am dreaming about the beautiful tree with pretty ribbon. old fashioned ornaments and tons of white lights- well i got the tons of lights they just are different!  Samuel exclaimed "mom they have orange, blue, green and red"  There went that idea- well we manage to get the lights on the tree and the boys are done- i try to tempt them with egg nog- cookies- anything- nope they are off to play legos shouting back "you and amelia can decorate the tree, I am sure you will do a great job".  That is were the tree decorating stopped for the night- i realized that my children are really ok with not doing some of the traditional things- they like to drive up to Nana and Papa's and see it all decorated and looking magical for them there is no fun in getting it ready.  Well after this i was feeling blue and quite sorry for myself that I have so much to do (twins)  I decided we needed take out- load everyone in the car to find I have no as- baa humbug!!!!  Well all that is now fixed car full of gas, children read to, prayed with and tucked in bed- and i must say that my eyes may hurt in the morning but for the time being the glowing tree in the corner is kinds nice- at least the electricity bills will go down as it lights up the whole room!!!

1 comment:

Ashlie Johnson said...

laughing hysterically at your type-o. it would be a bummer to have no ass! ha! i know you only put one "s", but the effect was the same for me! send us a photo of your tree!