Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The meaning of Christmas






Well for those of you wondering why I am already listing a post about christmas - it is because this year we will be traveling with five little ones two under 1 year old- are we crazy you may ask? No just excited to be with family over the holidays. I am a master at packing a car to get the last little thing in - however my great packing skills do not happen when it comes to putting things in the suitcase- somehow no matter how well planned out- I manage to have either too much or too little or the wrong weather of clothes.  Like last winter when we were at my parents house and two of the days the boys were swimming- too cold for any sane adult to swim but perfect for two little boys!  Being as we have now acclimated to the weather in Kentucky I forget that in the deep south Christmas may come and go while you are wearing shorts.  This year I am determined that if i do not procrastinate that I will be able to be an effective Christmas shopper and packer-  I also was referred to an awesome Christmas website that had info about the Jesse tree.  A new way to celebrate the holidays throughout the month of December to keep you from getting too off focus. (the website is the reformed church of america)  During the last few months I have hinted to my children trying to find out if there is something special that they would like for christmas- overall I think my children are either quite content of spoiled rotten- seeing as I am their mother I am going to go for quite content.  This leaves me in the position of finding the perfect gift that will remind them what the season is about and also make their eyes light up Christmas morning.  This is a hard task as Walter loves to read and wants a variety of books- which is a sore spot for samuel because he cannot read and would love to- also another side is Amelia believes she can read and loves to "read you the book" which is basically her making up crazy stories which drive her brothers nuts but do keep the twins entertained!  There is always a positive side to the craziness that is going on in our house!  Overall we are excited to be traveling to see family at Christmas- excited that God has blessed us with two healthy babies that can travel and most of all blessed that we have a savior that gave his life so that we could live!  

1 comment:

Slim said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! If you figure out that perfect gift, please do share!