Well today was one of those gloomy rainy cold winter days- we decided to stay inside, have a fire and begin getting ready for the season that is at hand. This year we have decided to do something called the Jesse Tree (look onto the Reformed Church of America website). It is a daily devotional that starts on November 30th and goes through Christmas Day. It has scripture readings and crafts etc. Well you can tell by the pics that I did not attend the art school while at UGA but I think that is pretty good considering limited supplies and three very helpful sets of hands- i am a little like my mother in that I get really into my project and forget to let the kids help- must do better at that! Well we have almost survived another run of Darcy working 4 nights- 2 more to go and things are looking pretty good- so far nobody has fallen apart- we are off to a good start to begin school again tomorrow and try and get three weeks done before the excitement of the holidays take over everything!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
We are getting ready for Christmas
Well today was one of those gloomy rainy cold winter days- we decided to stay inside, have a fire and begin getting ready for the season that is at hand. This year we have decided to do something called the Jesse Tree (look onto the Reformed Church of America website). It is a daily devotional that starts on November 30th and goes through Christmas Day. It has scripture readings and crafts etc. Well you can tell by the pics that I did not attend the art school while at UGA but I think that is pretty good considering limited supplies and three very helpful sets of hands- i am a little like my mother in that I get really into my project and forget to let the kids help- must do better at that! Well we have almost survived another run of Darcy working 4 nights- 2 more to go and things are looking pretty good- so far nobody has fallen apart- we are off to a good start to begin school again tomorrow and try and get three weeks done before the excitement of the holidays take over everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you are doing the Jesse tree -- the devotionals were so nice and perfect for teaching the kids about what the true meaning of Christmas is. I look forward to more pictures of the acitivities and crafts. I've been off the computer for a whole week so i enjoyed looking through a few of your posts. thanksgiving looks like it was spent with wonderful friends and did I see the makings of a fried turkey? yum!
We're working on the Jesse Tree, too. I created some color / cut ornaments for the devotions. Let me know if you want them. I'll be more than happy to share! :)
Post a Comment