Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhogs Day!!

Well it has been quite a while since i have posted anything on this blog- to tell the truth since returning from Christmas it has been difficult to desire to write anything down- there have been many difficult things going on in my family and truthfully by the end of the day I am not sure that anyone would want to hear what i have to say:)  Well how ironic that today is groundhog day- that they make it an offical day to me is quite hilarious as i think anyone in my generation only thinks of groundhog day in relationship to the movie- so I guess i will start there- i debated on whether to name this blog "Hitting the Brick Wall"  but thinking that nobody would ever want to read it i changed the title.  It is funny how spending  a week snowed in with 5 little ones makes you feel as if you are living out the groundhog day movie-  there was one day when poor little Benjamin missed his 12 o clock bottle and at 1:30 was hysterical screaming- i said to Darcy "he never does that"  he said "did you feed him" shocked as i could not really recall if i had made the bottle or not- i was headed to get it and the phone rang and to tell you the truth everything after that point became a blurr- thank goodness he screamed and got my attention.  Well the other day i told Darcy ( who was also trapped at home with us because he was lucky enough to have that week off:) that I had hit the wall you know that huge giant brick one when you run into when you have infants- that point of no return- where you physically cannot get up one more night, have spit up on you one more time, change one more dirty diaper- well good thing my husband is always the voice of reason- he looked at me and said "so what are you going to do?"  I did what i always do keep moving- find more work to be done- somehow i am one of those crazy people that physical work makes me feel better- as if then i am able to work through my problem- same problem just different outlook:)  Well as I stated earlier- it seems that things have been difficult in our family lately and I am trying to trust God and not ask why- I know that he is a good God, I know that he is a loving God and i also have to daily remind myself that we are sinful and live in a sinful world- that is the part I really hate- I am reading Trusting God with my small group and am learning so much about realizing how faithful God has been- and that through the adversity we become more Christ like- we must go through the fire to have the finished result.  Right now I am focusing on the verse- "I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint"  I thank God for his faithfulness even when I cannot see all the pieces.  I thank God that he is good even when I am undeserving.  I thank God that my life was enough for him to still send his son to the cross.  With all that being said I decided that I am going to end my blog's from now on with funny things my kids have done:)

Amelia stated today after i told them P.E. time would be on the trampoline-  "I cannot believe that you want me to pee on the trampoline, i thought we were not allowed to go to the bathroom outside"

Samuel is constantly singing Johnny Horton's Battle of New Orleans- quite hilarious and heartwarming as i heard my father sing this as a child.

Walter is continually asking me if I know____  kid totally loves random facts.  I however have tried to explain to him how tired my brain actually is.

Eleanor has taken to pulling whatever item is near (however her favorite is her taggy blanket)stuffed animal etc. over her head and then waving her arms and legs like crazy- not a great thing to do for attention when you are the 5th child- as it may be a while before anyone notices- the best however is her huge smile when you pull of the object- what a nut

Benjamin- is constantly looking at us as if to say "Please God why did you think i belonged in this family"  he is so laid back i am not sure what we will do when he begins to have a voice!

No comments: