Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

Before I begin this post I must say that my biggest complaint in living in the U.S. is it seems that the wonderful company of Halmark has decided when and where we should celebrate those most special to us. Why is it that they days marked on the calendar to enjoy our loved ones never really turn out quite like we expect- as if those people should not be celebrated everyday of their life instead of just one. I have been very blessed by three fathers in my life. The first is my heavenly father that has forgiven my sinful state and decided that I was worth dying for- that me alone with all my flaws and mistakes was worth coming to earth enduring all that is ugly and wrong with his beautiful creation so that I might have a chance to be restored- i cannot imagine such a love- but then again in some ways I can. I received yet another blessing in life. God granted me a life filled with the most amazing father. One who I will never be able to say thank you to enough- no matter how much I do my attempts will always seem meager to say thank you to a man who has shown me a glimpse of what unconditional love is on earth. My father is one of the last true men- the tough ones that you struggle to understand but realize that they stand for everything you wish to one day give your children- a love for God, a true and loving heart and honesty. Thank you dad for the life you have given me- the strength to continue on on hard days and the ability to love those who at times seem so unlovable- I will never be able to say Thank you enough but know in my heart you are an amazing person who I feel so honored to call my father. The last father is my husband. He is an amazing father to my children and they will grow up so blessed to have sat under his direction and counsel. At times I wonder how could two people be so different as we are- but I see God with his master plan and the fact that even though at times it may be difficult that my children are blessed to see so many of the things our relationship gives them. My appreciation for him can not be summed up in one day and quite honestly I am thankful that he does not seek to impress on this day. It is in the quiet walking with our children that I hear him teach the most important things in life. I hear him speak of god's creation and they see his love for his savior. He is the one that allows them the freedom to be and explore. They thrive under his care and compassion. Oh how there are days that I wish my words would make the impression that his do and then there are days that I am glad they do not. Thank you father, dad and Darcy for the gifts that I receive through you that I am not worthy to receive. Thank you for the words that you share that will make all the difference in the lives of those I so dearly love. Happy Father's day!

2 comments:

Smith family said...

Wow....I am seriously teary-eyed!! That is so sweet and I feel a lot of those same emotions for my God and dad and hubby!! Thanks for sharing!! I loved reading it!! Miss and love you Suz!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Suzanne!

P.S. Caleb would LOVE "Camp Invention." :)