Monday, November 15, 2010

Little Blessings

So this weekend I was quite blue after doing the Christmas budget and realizing that my decorating ideas would have to take a backseat this year to traveling, gifts and all the other things that come up. We are living in this amazing house for the year ( although I am hoping it is forever::)) and it really needs all of those lights, greenery and fun things. Well anyway- I decided that there are many other years to decorate- and realized that my cleaning out before we moved also meant I had done away with a lot of old decorations- why do they seem so cool when looking back? Anyway- the kids were asking if we were hanging lights this year- I told them that we would do something- that is when Walt says- if I go up in the barn and get that big box full of lights will dad hang them? what a box full of lights? Oh yes a big box full of beautiful lights- what a little blessing-the previous owners left them behind and we love them. The boys decided tonight that they think many neighbors will drive by to see the lights (you can tell what I love to do around Christmas time) I did not have the heart to tell them that the house sits far enough off the road that it may not happen- but you never know--- on another note- I have been decided that for school and regular life to happen that I need to be more organized- and to my surprise all is going well- clothes laid out- assignments written on the board- and chores done- i am wondering why it has taken me so many years to do all the things my mother did with us- i am realizing that my children are a little hard headed because of their mother::)) Anyway- we are moving ahead- the most wonderful thing is that the twins have decided that they will try and potty train but only with Darcy cheering them on- i know this is a little thing- but for one tired momma this is an amazing gift- must remember to thank them later!!

No comments: