Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Camera

Today I realized that I hate the cloudy days of winter- the days started cloudy and all was going wrong and then by noon the sun was out and our whole tone of our day changed. Normally I would just curl up with a good book for myself or read to the kids but Darcy is back on his crazy schedule for 4 more weeks and so having the kiddos for 5 days straight with a 30 minute hang out with dad before he heads back to work time- rainy cloudy weather does not work. I realized today that I have no idea how I made it through the twins infancy- I am not sure that I will remember much of their first 3 years- which makes me want to cry as I write this but then makes me want to cry in another way as I am not sure I want to remember something being this hard. Today I was looking at a lot of old pictures trying to figure out which ones to print so that we actually have pictures of people in our family in the frames in our house. I realized that I love pictures because they totally transport you to another place- I was looking at some pictures of the beach and thought "oh my gosh that was so much fun, the kids loved the sand and water, and they are all so happy- we must go on another beach trip soon" Then I realized that that was the beach trip where Eleanor did a face plant in the sand and spent most of the time screamming, amelia was terrified to pee in the ocean and kept wanting to run back to the condo and the boys- well i think they were angels that day::)) There were several pictures that i looked at and realized I loved them because the good is what shinned through- the cute smiles, the eggs we worked so hard to color and hide, the fun in the snow (for 5 minutes)-- but the pictures took out all the long hours there can be with little ones, the constant looking for shoes, gloves etc. All you saw were the fun, memories that were made!!!!So today I would love to thank the man or woman who perfected the camera- because all of us homeschoolers know that usually it was the person who perfected the idea that got the credit not the inventor!

1 comment:

The Pilots Wife said...

The kids are going a little nuts these days and Brooke has had a really difficult time sitting still even for a few seconds. It's not just the clouds, but the ever present snow that has kept us inside more this winter than ever. If the snow doesn't melt soon, we may not make it. :) Glad to see you enjoying pictures...the love of my life after God and the family. :) Hang in there with Darcy's schedule. I'll pray for you.