Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer is making us homesick

Ok so I thought that we had worked through all of our many issues with being homesick but then comes along summer. I love summer- love the sun and the pool- I think the kids have spent the last 9 summers at a pool- days, afternoons, and late into the evenings. This is the first summer that we are living somewhere without a neighborhood pool. It is funny as without the wonderful days at the pool summer is not so much fun. The kids and myself are wondering what exactly you do with summer when there is no water involved. Well we went and got a YMCA membership and luckily where we live the y's are actually like small waterparks- but we are missing out friends, the pool, sunscreen and most of all the large number of kids we are used to seeing! Anyway i am thinking that it is not really possible for one person to be more emotional then I am- of course I am not the best at controling things as I drove past our would be house (if the builder had not been a total ass and messed it up and still wanted top dollar- anyway) and was so sad by the fact that I love that house- mess up and all and for some reason I feel that God is saying "no, not now". I know that I should be thankful to even be spending this much time in prayer as I do not recall being so concerned about making a wise decision 8 years ago when we bought our other house-- so anyway- tears, tears and more tears and praying that God will connect us with dear kindred spirits to make all the changes a little more bearable!

No comments: