Friday, February 24, 2012
Bad Parent Award
Ok so I must nominate myself and vote multiple times for myself if I am being honest. First of all I am a hater of sleep overs. I am one of those people that gives all I have during the day and find no need to have extra kids at my house overnight or hear kids up way past bedtime. Call me a rotten mom and I might agree with you but I am not likely to change my mind. I have given into the sleep overs because my children beg and my precious husband says "Oh they'll have a great time, not like they are going to stay up that late" hahahhahah anyway today my children have built forts all over the house in an effort to entertain them while I took care of the twin who have a stomach bug, anyway of course they think sleeping in them would be great fun and what better then all five of them to sleep in the forts. I am sick of being the party pooper so told them they would have to ask dad and then beat them to dad and asked him t please say no. Horrible I know- but we settled with the twins happily sleeping in a bunk bed with old quilts draped on it like a fort and the big kids building a ridiculous fort in the boys room. So far all are happy and Amelia wins the award for most enthusiastic she is on cloud nine that she is now included in the big kid stuff and that the boys actually asked her to come and spend the night in the fort-- very cool when you are used to being shoved in a category with the "babies". So we are hoping that the kids all sleep well- wake up in perfect form so that we can get about the business of enjoying the weekend. We thought that we would be looking at a house- but it seems our favorite from last weekend is not working quite like we planned- doesn't appear the older gentleman is really anxious to sell his home- ok ok i can understand he lived there for 54 years- all his memories are there and he thinks it is worth a ton--- we continue to pray holding fast to the promises that God knows far better then us what is good for us and what grows us closer to him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment