Monday, August 20, 2012

Always True

It has been way too long since i have sat down and blogged about anything. The past year was one of those times in life where you lean soley on God and pray that things come into the light soon. I must admit that there has never been a time that I have prayed so intently for God's direction and felt that he was silent. When May rolled around I decided that it was time for a little R &R and headed to south georgia. My parents were gracious to have me and the kids come and stay while I soaked up the wonderful country air and the kids roamed free-- where is Darcy you ask--work-- I felt horrible that we were able to skip town for a while and relax while he endured all the long hours that have become typical with his job. Of course I did have the kids with me so it was not a total vacation. While at home I felt as though God wove a tapestry for people who came along side me and ministered to my soul in only a way that old friends can. I felt very blessed that my children got to spend so much time with their grandparents and learn amazing things- amelia is now a pro at dishes, walter and samuel have learned amazing skills at leather work and the twins learned to swim. Quite a bit of learning going on. We returned home at the end of july with a new attitude and relationship with Christ. I felt as though all the things that I know to be true in my heart are now being lived out in my life. I knew that God has a plan and that it would be shown to me in his time- but it was so hard to live that out this spring. it was impossible to be patient. I am a doer and I like to have a plan, a project and waiting is not an easy task. I joined a new coop this summer for homeschooling and took on leading a bible study- i was doing research to find just the right book for the group this summer when i came across the book Always True by James Macdonald. All I can say is it is an amazing book. It is about the promises of God and how those are to look lived out in our lives. Let me just say that from the first page on it is packed with tons of scripture and writings that will minister to your heart. My favorite statement is "that a promise is only as good as the one making the promise". It just spoke to my heart that I can trust that God wants what is best for me- he wants me to trust him- to love him- to understand that growth is sometimes a long, hard process. It is not as if my life situation has changed- we are still in a rental house, still in transition, still wanting to put down roots while God tells us to wait- to focus on what we are doing with the precious time that he has given us.

No comments: