Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring is Here!

I am not sure whether it is the fact that we had a cold snap last night, that i actually took a nap today or the news that Nana is coming- but things are looking up around here.  We have had so many things going on lately that i am so ready for the lazy days of summer when i can sit and read a book to the kids with no thought of the clock, how late it is, etc.  Today Samuel had his last speech appointment.  His speech therapist said "i think we need one more week to review the sounds"  Samuel looked at her and said "I think that I am done".  He cracks me up- such strong opinions from such a little body.  Needless to say he is done.  We were sent home with instructions to review over the summer.  The boys only have 4 more weeks left of school and other obligations, swimming, and awana.  Walt asked me the other day could he just not be done with school- surely he had learned enough to move onto the next grade- those kids don't know how easy it would be for mom to say yes- we are done!!  This week i believe my belly has doubled in size and i am afraid that the poor boy twin who is on the bottom spends most of the time getting kicked by his sister- who had yet to find a comfortable position for herself.  I think that Darcy is already sick of bending and picking things up- i will have to get brave and post a picture!  i think we are slowly beginning to think about how things will change. For one the kids can not get over the fact that the car will be full- this they find to be hysterical but it just makes me and Darcy start to realize how insane things could get.  Our home will probably change in a lot of ways over the next year- however one thing I am most excited about is the blessing from God of a big family.  Somewhere you can come to laugh, cry, play and hopefully find a little quiet spot.  I have seen with Walt, Samuel and Amelia they are each others biggest supporters and the ones who speak truth into each others lives.  They share things about God and how this world works that sometimes makes me want to be a participant in the conversation and not the mom.  I am blessed that there first desire is to spend time with each other- regardless of age or interest they have a bond that cannot be broken- and I pray that will carry them through many of the touch and trying times that life has to offer.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

Picture... Picture.....Picture! hehe. We want a picture update on the progress of how mama looks and how big those babies are getting! I know that is probably the last thing you want to do is take a picture of yourself but I think you will be glad you did. A keepsake.=) Glad to hear you all are doing better. I know it will be great to have your mama there!