Happy Birthday Nana! We were so lucky to get to have Nana come and spend her birthday with us. She surprised us by being able to stay an entire week. I must say a week is never quite long enough though- we could keep her for several or should I say several lifetimes. About the third night into her visit she says to me "you know that even if you don't set up a crib or have baby clothes ready the twins are going to be here." I said know I am just having a hard time making a decision about what to do with the nursery etc. I don't think that was satisfactory as I have actually done nothing- i was living in complete denial and loving it- well not exactly loving it but was surviving. After the weeks visit- we have two cribs arranged, bedding for both, new curtains (hand made by Nana), baby clothes purchased and a double stroller. I tell you when she gets busy she can get stuff done! I also just needed someone to get me excited about the twins- as most of the comments i get are how tired and overwhelmed I am going to be. Needless to say- my mom is an amazing gift from God. She is just so willing to come and be a part of things. The kids can not get enough of her attention. I think that the first three days of her visit Gracie (or Amelia- we must choose one name and stick with it) followed her everywere- held her hand etc., Samuel also got to have Nana watch him at gymnastics and Walt learned how to use the sewing machine as he is determined to make something for the twins coming. ( a quilt is his current project). Well we are so sad that Nana is gone and not quite sure how we are going to make it for the next two months until she comes back for the twins being born- i think that we are going to get her a one way ticket. I must say we missed Papa horrible this trip and are determined to get him to come with her next time.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Happy Birthday Nana!!!
Happy Birthday Nana! We were so lucky to get to have Nana come and spend her birthday with us. She surprised us by being able to stay an entire week. I must say a week is never quite long enough though- we could keep her for several or should I say several lifetimes. About the third night into her visit she says to me "you know that even if you don't set up a crib or have baby clothes ready the twins are going to be here." I said know I am just having a hard time making a decision about what to do with the nursery etc. I don't think that was satisfactory as I have actually done nothing- i was living in complete denial and loving it- well not exactly loving it but was surviving. After the weeks visit- we have two cribs arranged, bedding for both, new curtains (hand made by Nana), baby clothes purchased and a double stroller. I tell you when she gets busy she can get stuff done! I also just needed someone to get me excited about the twins- as most of the comments i get are how tired and overwhelmed I am going to be. Needless to say- my mom is an amazing gift from God. She is just so willing to come and be a part of things. The kids can not get enough of her attention. I think that the first three days of her visit Gracie (or Amelia- we must choose one name and stick with it) followed her everywere- held her hand etc., Samuel also got to have Nana watch him at gymnastics and Walt learned how to use the sewing machine as he is determined to make something for the twins coming. ( a quilt is his current project). Well we are so sad that Nana is gone and not quite sure how we are going to make it for the next two months until she comes back for the twins being born- i think that we are going to get her a one way ticket. I must say we missed Papa horrible this trip and are determined to get him to come with her next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love to read your blog. It makes me feel like I live a little closer to you, knowing what you are up to and all. I bet you had a good time with your Mom but I'm sure it is hard to see her go. I bet the next two months will go fast. I hope you are doing good. And yes, you probably will be tired when the two babies arrive, but you know the love you feel when you hold a new little one will be doubled holding two new little ones! Lucky you!!!
So glad your mom was there! Sounds like you got a lot done and got some good Nana time in. Moms are just great! I've been meaning to ask you, what are you needing or wanting =) for the babies? I was going to box up those clothes you sent me a while back so you can use them again. Hope you are doing well! Talk to you soon....
Post a Comment