Saturday, May 31, 2008

Graduation Day and School Performances





It is so difficult as a parent to choose a school for your child.  To turn them over to another who will influence how they see the world.  This is very hard for me as my children are full of questions and I want them answered from a biblical perspective not from a secular one!  Well Samuel has been in preschool all year at a church we love- Walt had the same teachers for preschool as well- throughout the year Samuel has given us little information on "school".  There have been days when he has not wanted to go and just seemed quite removed from all of it.  However- last night was graduation.  Each class performed 2 songs and then received awards.  At the end of the performance Samuel can to me in tears.  He said he had no idea it was going to be over.  Even though we had talked about school next year- I suddenly realized that he had not understood that preschool would be over.  He decided that he wanted to hug each of his teachers one more time and also have his picture taken with them- not typical of Samuel at all.  My heart broke as all of the sudden all the feelings he had kept bottled up inside throughout the year came pouring out.  I realized how much I still have to learn about each of my children- and how they see and deal with the world around them.  Samuel has cried two more times since the performance and is finally starting to look forward to the things ahead!

Walt had a school performance at school this week as well.  It is amazing how busy your life can become at the end of the school year.  There are times when I get totally overwhelmed by the activities but once I am there I love to watch all the little ones and the gifts that God has given them and the teachers!  Walt has had an amazing teacher this year.  After home schooling in the fall he returned to school in January to Ms. Quinlan's class.  She has been wonderful as she has taken the time to know each of her students and has really known how to motivate Walt.  He is reading these amazing chapter books thanks to her!  Darcy got to attend the performance as I was home with a sleeping little one- the kids did some wonderful songs (i will post the video later).  Walt was so excited as he got an award for Math Superstar!  Yeah!  I think school has been so good for him this year as it has allowed him to be competitive and also to be a part of a group- two things he loves!

Overall- we are glad that the school year is coming to an end- the running has taken it's toll on me with the crazy twin pregnancy- but the kids have done an amazing job this year- I think that God has blessed us with amazing teachers and we can only pray for the same thing in the years to come.   We are looking forward to spending long days by the pool, reading great books and basically slowing down and enjoying each others company- knowing of course then two littlest family members could make their arrival at anytime and really shake things up- haha!


1 comment:

Slim said...

It is nice when the village that helps us raise our kids is a good one, huh? Sounds like your kids have been in very capable and loving hands this year. Yeah for summer, too! When is your due date?