Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pregnancy Survival

I am learning that the key to being pregnant with twins and surviving is to let go of some of the areas of my life and depend on others to help.  For those of you who know me well know this is not my strong suit. I like to have things done a certain way and am usually sure that i am the only capable of doing this.  Well lately I have learned that God is teaching me so much during this pregnancy.  I am thankful for the daily lessons and hope to remember them after the twins are here.  Yesterday was a bad day health wise- as it was just difficult to do anything.  I had to rely on Darcy and the boys to take care of most everything- and to my surprise nothing burned down, blew up or basically fell apart because i was not the one doing it- in fact I realized that they all go to work together and help out mommy- which they enjoyed!  Another wonderful thing that is occurring this week is summer!  As so many moms i know dread the end of the school year and what they will do with their children- i rejoice that they are home and we can do some of the great things that a school schedule just really interferes with.  My husband today made the comment that he loves our house in the summer- the mood just changes- i am tempted to tell him it is because I get my hippy way and get to go with the flow- without worrying about a tardy slip (yes we got several of those this past school term!)  As for now we are reading to earn cheezy plastic items from the public library, swimming several hours a day and generally just enjoying the blessing that God has given us!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you are hanging in there! I know July isn't coming fast enough though. I loved the pictures of Grace, she is getting so big and of course beautiful as always! You do such a good job of keeping up with posts of the day to day things, much better then me. I know what you mean about wanting things done a curtain way but having to let go and let other people do it. It's a good lesson to learn but difficult. I'm glad you have such good help though!

Slim said...

Take it easy! With only five weeks to go, they could come any day. Better to bake them a little longer! You will have a lot more personal growth once they are out, but that comes with any life change, right? It is nice they are coming in the summer time. A hippy lifestyle is a wonderful thing! :)

Anonymous said...

i think everyone must be hanging out by the phone and computer fishing for updates today! i started out the day with uncontrollable tears (relief, I think) and now i've shifted to giddy laughter. it feels like we're almost there...

as to pregnancy-hang on, the finish line is close! i've learned to teach school in the bed when necessary-and we made it through all our work anyway. now i do hold my breath when the doorbell rings...never know what the living room will look like from moment to moment!