Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Total Denial!

Total Denial is what I believe is happening at our house.  Of course we are all aware that there will be two new little Pachs soon- as mama is totally unable to keep up like usual- however we have made adjustments- walt is in charge of laundry and loves his job as he has a machine to run! haha  And Samuel is the compost and trash man- as well as a personal translator for Amelia.  Amelia said to me today "I no can bend over these babies in my tummy" . So as I was saying we all know they are coming but I think we consider that to be happening in the next lifetime.  I went to the doctor today to see how things are going- of course you always wait 30- 45 minutes for 5 minutes of actually seeing the doctor.  the doctor tells me that he is not wanting to deliver the babies before 35 weeks but anything after that is fine- I leave the doctors office with a huge smile thinking -" I have so much time to get all the stuff done"  this did not last long as i suddenly realized that I am almost 33 weeks and that gives me only 2 weeks - actually I could not ask for a better pregnancy and weather to go with it- as it was 53 when I got up this morning and the high as only around 75- totally out of the ordinary- but I love summer and am willing to get a little hot if that means we can enjoy some time at the pool.  We have been trying to get school done each day to see if homeschooling is even an option next year- this is quite possibly the most hilarious thing as my two boys have turned into tiger cubs- with their greatest desire being to fight each other- so today I find them rolling on the family room floor fighting over what bible story we are going to read- somehow i just had to stop and laugh as I had to say "God you made these little creatures i do not understand"-  I keep having to remind myself that we are about to head into that period of time when you have a newborn and things get crazy and out of whack- but they do settle back into regular days after a while- through all the craziness we will thank God for the blessing of getting to raise 5 children and how much we will learn about him in the process.

3 comments:

Slim said...

Oh Annie, you said "A newborn." Honey you ARE in denial because you are having "TWO newborns" to make your days out of whack! Good luck, girl!!! Just eat up every moment you have in the next couple weeks with those three cute kids of yours :) I love that the boys were fighting over which bible story to read. Why is it that there is always a fight when we gather them for prayer or scriptures??? Ironic, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Aah, you are getting so close! You are such a trooper! You haven't complained a fraction of the amount that I did (especially on my blog), when I was pregnant with Luke. . .yes, that'd be ONE Luke. We'll be praying for the Pach family adjustment to having 2 precious, new babies. I look forward to hearing the good news! ERika :)

Anonymous said...

Sing out, sister! There is solidarity in this "fix" we're in! I was just sitting-lying here, actually-fretting over the purple crayon that did in a whole load of laundry, the fact that we haven't done our math drills in two weeks, and the Jake/Tom, Tom/Pete, Pete/Sissy fights I broke up before 8:15. And, Brandon is being really helpful and taking them all to breakfast, but Pete can't find his shoes. (The problem is he's looking for them in the shoe basket instead of the park, the car or the vacant lot next door.) It'll be over some day, though, and strange as it seems we'll be really sad. Best just to laugh it up and buy more flip flops (or a new story Bible-we've been through three!)