




I have entered the time warp of having a newborn agian- it is a crazy time in life and I am not sure how you forget this feeling once it is gone. The past week has been crazy and wonderful all wrapped in one. It started last week with a visit form my dear friend Abby from Houston. She got to stop by on her way to a family reunion and our kids had a great time playing and we got to chat and catch up. That night I felt horrible but for some reason did not think it was labor- I went to the hospital for stress tests the next day only to find out i was in labor and they would be keeping me for a c section. They had to wait a few hours for the c section due to the honeycomb i ate for breakfast- stinky honeycomb!!! The c section happened around 4:15 and it was an amazing experience. I did not have enough time to become the emotional wreck i normally am before surgery and was able to just completely enjoy the moment!! The twins are amazing- it has been a blessing to have two healthy babies to hug and kiss on. They have great schedules so far as long as i keep to them- they are so snuggly that I find it taking a long time to feed them and change them! We started this rotation the other night were I nurse them, mom feeds them a supplement of formula and then Darcy changes and burps them- we thought we were going so fast- yeah right when we looked at the clock 2 1/2 hours had gone by- haha! Well all is well- we look forward to all the God has in store for us and the blessings of two more children..So far God has granted me ample patience in the middle of sleepless parenting (usually not my strong point). Thank you to all of you who have been so gracious as to bring meals, watch the boys and Amelia and the wonderful gifts. We feel very blessed to have you in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment