Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Because he is God
Today started at about 1:00 in the morning with the twins, Walt and Amelia awake- anyone that has been at our house or seen us when we travel knows my kids usually do not wake up during the night- starting at 8 weeks old they sleep and love to sleep- take naps etc. so why in the middle of all the craziness of the twins are Amelia and Walt deciding to wake up- who knows?? Well after that I slept so well i slept through the alarm and thank God that he gave me Darcy who is able to pick up were I fall short- he got Walt off to school this morning and cared for the other little ones- that is what happens when I take benedryl at night- haha Well today I ventured out to the womens's bible study that takes place on my street- it has been a wonderful experience to fellowship with others in the neighborhood who believe. We are studying Romans and let me just say it is a difficult book to wrap your mind around normally but with the sleep deprivation I feel like I am reading another language. Anyway today I was just reminded of how big our God is- it does not matter if we are willing to acknowledge him or not he is unchanging and he is in control- the words echoing in my mind were "because he is God" so many things in life don't make sense to my little mind but then I am reminded my limited view is just that so limited- it is called faith for a reason! In the middle of chapter 9 it talks about who is the clay to ask the potter what are you making- then it states that some pots are make for regular use and some for a fancier time ( my wording) it just hit me- i need to remember to be faithful in the regular daily tasks of life as that may be were God always has me- both walks of life bring glory to God and for that we should be thankful that attention if focused on our creator! My prayer is that I do not make God so small that I will remember that the God I love and surrender to today is the same powerful ever present God of the old testament!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment