Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Amelia!!

Happy Birthday Amelia!  I cannot believe that three years have gone by so quickly- I remember the moment that they told me she was a girl (for those of you who missed it- they had said she was a boy- haha)  It has been an amazing to see how different boys and girls are.  As a mother I felt very adequate in my knowledge of parenting when we had Amelia- it was around 6 months that we realized everything was different this time.  We adore Amelia as she is quick to laugh and smile and loves to be with her brothers!   For her birthday this year we were not sure what to do as we had just returned from a long trip to Georgia and then had company this weekend.  Well when I asked Amelia what she wanted for her birthday she said she wanted to play at the park with her friends.  Her new favorite thing is to go to the park.    We invited a couple friends and headed to the park.  Amelia had her favorite dinner last night which was cheese quesidillas and chips and salsa- gotta love that girl.  She was most excited to blow out the candle and wanted to light it several times.  Today Amelia has asked me "mama am i still three"  I said yes baby you are going to be three all year- she said "i just love birthdays"!  For all the cute gifts Amelia got- thank you very much!  I love the picture in the apron my sister made her- i was lucky and got a matching one for my birthday:)  I will also be posting pictures soon of Amelia at gymnastics a birthday treat from nana and papa!




2 comments:

Paulina said...

Aww Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Slim said...

What a cutie! I do love the pic of her in the apron, too. What a beautiful family you have. You are so blessed. That is too cute that she asked if she was still 3. Kids are too much fun. Happy Birthday to beautiful Amelia!