Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where is Ben??

Where is Ben? That was the question the other day as I was racing around like a chicken with my head cut off- i am very good at making sure everyone is feed etc. except the other day nothing was quite working well- i was forgetting all kinds of things- i asked Darcy to feed Ben and then let him play on the blanket on the floor- i walking into the living room and saw the blanket but no Ben- i yelled to Darcy "where is Ben?" "he is on the floor" yelled Darcy- so I looked again - nope no Ben and then all the sudden i saw Ben in the corner by the chair- how in the world did he get there- oh yes all things have changed at the Pach house- the twins are on the move- well not both the twins i should say that Ben is on the move- Ella is content to let us roll her over when she wants to attempt to crawl- crazy girl!  Well Ben has discovered a new world of moving around- today he made it over to Amelia's little table and chair and was hitting the chair and laughing- the boys were so tickled they were yelling "mom come quick he is trying to sit at the table" they are all so ready to have Ben and Ella up and walking- I think that they have no idea what that is going to mean for their world- I have decided not to tell them right now!  Last night I went to bed saying "tomorrow I am going to get organized- this house has turned into the crazy zone!"  Well i have made a chore chart- and i must say the kids are a little too excited about doing their chores in order to earn stickers- must thank the person that came up with the idea of stickers- cheap,little and so motivating:)  So as I sit here and type on this blog all the little ones are in bed- asleep- the bags are all packed for school tomorrow and most all of the chores are done. i am resolved to the fact that until the last 2 leave for college there will always be a basket of laundry sitting somewhere in this house- I am afraid Darcy thinks i have given up on winning that battle and I have:)  I am learning to let go- laugh a little- oh yeah- totally forgot to post about taking the kids roller skating- church had a night out and I took the oldest three- was the most fun I have had with them in so long- Walt was hilarious- very determined to skate no matter what- and he did-  Samuel who is our natural athlete- was completely out of his element and was a noodle on skates-it took him over 2 hours to learn how to skate- he kept looking at me and saying "why can I not do this"  I really had no answer I could myself not figure out why he had no balance- Amelia was given the skates that move very little- it did not take her long to figure out something was up with her skates- she kept looking at me saying "why did they give me slow skates- i am 3 and a half" gotta love that crazy little spirit that has such little fear of anything.  I laughed so much that I think we must skate more often- next time mom will have to get skates and of course take my kids to order a "suicide" remember those? those tastey drinks that were every flavor mixed together- who thought that was a good idea? root bear and sprite- gross!!  So to all of you who are wondering what life with 5 and twins looks like- it is crazy I am not sure what to expect each day- but everyday we grow a little more, gain more patience and learn what the true meaning of forgiveness means- there are times in the midst of all the craziness i get a little teary and know that one day the house will be quiet- and that is when I am determined not to be overwhelmed by the work but to enjoy the blessing of everyday- and to remember to wear shoes in the kitchen as the floor may never get mopped again!

No comments: