Psalm 112:6-8 For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever. he is not afraid of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is steady; he will no be afraid.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
A New Day
Here I sit in a quiet house and wondering what in the world do I do with myself now- it is funny how when all is still it does not seem like such a big deal that the kitchen floor needs mopped or that the chairs in the living room are full of laundry- why would I waste all this quiet to fold clothes? Well I must say life can dish out some twist and turns that there is no way to see coming- it is amazing how I have been praying over the last few months to real know God better- to feel that I am not so distant and that somehow through the sleep deprived year that I am having that the things I do will make a difference. Well over the last few weeks I have watched a dear family member (all the more personal I am willing to get now:) struggle with some huge hurts, I have cried at night wondering why things go this way and started each morning with anew hope- it has been difficult to feel someone else's pain so deep and it has also been a time that I have clung to the promises of God- it has been a time to reflect on the things that I know are true- I know God is good - all the time, I know that he loves me, I know that he is all knowing and through that have comfort that there is a plan- Gos has also been so gracious to place people in my life who provide comfort and support as well as a listening ear and to those of you- i say thank you- it also brings me back to the idea of training your children to be still and listen to God- to learn from a small age how to hear his voice- I am struggling now with the ages of the children and how to challenge then in their lives with the bible at all the different levels - I am thankful to live in a country where the freedom to attend church is such an amazing thing- as it is able to fill in those gaps that I miss- I am determined to have my kids seem my faith lived out- which is a humbling thing-it is difficult to let them see the hurt and difficult things that adulthood brings- but it is also amazing to share with them how God is ever present and provides a way. I am excited as I met a woman who is a missonary to Japan and I am hoping to get a japanese/english bible from her on Tuesday- how amazing it would be to study the bible with my friend Iho- both reading God's promises in our own languages:) As far as life with Darcy- we have sent him to the basement-haha we got a dehumidifier and the basement is now a lovely place to be:) When he is working nights he comes in early and slips in and get some good rest as the kids are totally unaware that he is there- big relief as it was quite a pain to try and keep everyone quiet- Walt, Samuel and Amelia have adjusted to life with homeschooling amazingly well- although Walt has had us on a constant search for someone daef- he is learning sign language at coop classes and would love to talk to someone- hilarious kid! Samuel has befriended a little boy with down syndrome at coop- this is actually amazing because those of you who know samuel know he loves his personal space and does not like people all that close- Micheal however has no knowledge of this and is constantly hugging Sam or rubbing his hair- I worked in his class the other day and said "Samuel you can tell him to please stop" he said "it's ok mom- that is just how Micheal is" i love to see them extend Christ's love because of a sense they get not because I have crammed it down their throats- Amelia is big stuff now that she goes to preschool while the boys are in coop- she is quite proud of herself and has to give me a daily report on everything that goes on- she is also busy trying to find a way to get to play more with Ella and Ben- both look a little concerned when she comes around as she really wants to help them learn to crawl:/ As for the twins- they are funny- Ella laughs more than I remember any of the other kids and it is usually at the most random things- i am so anxious to see what her personality is like- she is content to lay on the floor and play and make tons of noise- Ben on the other hand only talks to Samuel- he loves when samuel is around and makes all kinds of noise as if he is trying to say words- he is content to try his best to crawl and is going to be moving way before I am ready- he is quick to smile- one thing I adore:) Me and Darcy have decided that life may be crazy around here and it is near impossible to go anywhere without total insanity- but it is the most rewarding experience to parent them- it is the most humbling and the hardest thing I have ever done- it is funny to think of what life would have been like without them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved this post -- your "ramblings" about God and how He has impacted your life and those of your beautiful children. You are an amazing mom and I was touched at how your son had so much compassion for his friend Michael -- given how much he loves his own space. You will always be able to find peace and truth because you are humble enough to listen and be teachable. What a gift you are giving to your children because of your example.
Post a Comment