Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Kitten

I am not sure why i always let the kids wear me down into getting pets.  I grew up with a lot of pets and loved them dearly but they all spent the night outside- it seems that things have changed quite a bit since my childhood- now it is close to a sin to make your dog sleep in a dog house outside- isn't that where they like it?? Well the boys talked me into getting a kitten- and she is cute- but most of all i am finding that i am not a pet inside person- i am hoping that she will get big enough soon to go in and out:)  but for the time being she sits at the back down and watches the birds she is also wonderful at getting the occasional fly that wonders in while the door is left wide open- personally i was  hoping she would make a break for it as my kids have a major problem remembering that the door should be shut- but so far no luck- she seems to know that noone would come looking for her.  Darcy seems to like her- as he finds her antics funny- probably because when he is done with her- he can walk away:)  Well we will keep kitten for another day- Samuel loves her and Walt does most of the time- although she has been waking them up at 6:30 yikes- so tonight she slept in my roon hence why I am blogging at 7:15 in the morning is I was up at 6:30- well that is all ok- we are off to the Ymca today- for a little swimming and excercise:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really not o.k. with being wakened early by animals. . .Any time our cat wakes me before daylight she gets pitched outside. . .and we usually just put her out before we go to bed.