Thursday, May 21, 2009

SUMMER!!!!

We are officially done with all our commitments and can get on to the business of the slip and slide.  Last night the boys had their AWANA awards night.  It was great to see the hard work of all of the little kids. I was also proud of the boys who were able to say their verses without much problem!!  We are glad that the school year is over and thrilled to have all the books put away. It came just as we were all losing patience and thinking we might not make it to homeschool another day.  It is funny how when you are all done you think back on the most memorable moments and forget all the difficult things- what a blessing that is.  We are still trying to decide how to spend our summer- the kids are all voting for the beach and i am hoping that the twins are not too young for us to be able to enjoy a few days away.  I know you guys are wondering how the kitten is doing- we might have just found a pet that works for our family- ha ha   she is very cute and seems to like just exploring the house. Benjamin can not leave her alone though which is somewhat of a problem- more for the kitten then him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're focusing on all the good things about homeschooling. I'm feeling kind of ick. . .like I'm not sure we got the job done this year. Oh well, we'll do better next year. We're officially calling it a year now too. :)

Abby said...

Don't forget that the Stevens clan is coming to your house!!

Emily said...

Glad to hear you finished strong! GREAT JOB!!! You are amazing. Hope you have a nice, relaxing summer. Miss ya!