Saturday, June 6, 2009

New Beginnings

It has been almost a year to the day when my dear friend Emily was blessed by receiving a new pair of lungs.  Although we have learned over the year that there will always be trials.  Part of recieving a transplant is that she did in fact get new lungs that are cystic fibrosis free- however with a transplant you also have to learn to cope with the numerous side effects of the medicines and how your body handles those.  Overall I cannot imaging the courage and strength it has taken for Emily and her husband Jason for the journey they have taken. It has been amazing to be able to be a part of their lives and to offer what we could for encouragement when it was needed.  During the last year-God has taught me so much about his mercies being new every morning- appreciating the sunrise that day for the things that you would learn and do that day!  I can tend to be a planner and with that comes missing out on some of the little details that can change your life.  I am in the process of daily looking upward for my strength and energy instead of to myself or others.  I must say for the first time in my life- when i had the twins and the past 11 months since is the first time that there have been things that I physically could not do just from pure exhaustion- crazy- it has opened my eyes to the blessings i have and I hate to say i have squandered many days on nothing.  So like I said and like I told my children tonight- his mercies are new every morning:)  Congrats Emily- you have been one busy chick this past year- i know there have been the ups and downs but I am thrilled for the time you have with Faith and Jason.  And the amazing things that you have had the energy to do:)  We love you!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, thanks for your sweet post. It has been wonderful to re-connect with your family. We love seeing you anytime! Thank you for all your prayers and support! Love You!

Anonymous said...

Love getting to read about Emily's journey on her blog.

And thank you for this encouraging post. . .Just what I needed to hear today. I seem to freak out about J.J.'s job and money (or lack thereof) on a monthly basis, and today's the day! . . .and yes, it coincides with PMS. I feel like a basket-case today. Anyway, I'm going to the pool now. :)