Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Memories
Tonight we had the honor of being invited to the Mase's going away dinner through work. I made a huge blunder and somehow did not realize it was a work party, i thought Iho was just inviting us out to eat- anyway we were able to juggle things and Darcy traded work days with someone and we were able to go- It has been a horrible thing to deal with them leaving and going back to Japan. I think that there are many times that I just refuse to think about it because of the huge impact that they have made on our lives and our children. I think that even with all the challenges and things that have gone on they are the most positive, hopeful people that I have ever know- it is amazing that with the language barrier I think that they have taught us what true friendship is- they have rejoiced with us at the birth of the twins and worried with us over our daughters seizure- Most of all they have welcomed us as we are- with all our faults and flaws they have extended the most wonderful gift of friendship- I must now look to the hope that we will get to one day take the children to Japan and have a chance to enjoy some of the things that they do and see on a regular basis- it is hard to imagine that time can go so fast- me and Darcy were talking tonight about Walt coming home from school and saying that he had met a girl from Japan- were did two years go?? Tonight at the dinner the human resources person got up to speak about the Mase's then the talk took a quick turn and the lady started to talk about our family and how we had helped them so much to enjoy their time in the United States- i must say i was a mess- wipping tears away- it is amazing to hear that you have made a difference in someone else's life- what a blessing to know that God used me in an amazing way- and look at all my family and I have benefited from this- amazing friends I am not sure how lif eon Coachlight Lane will ever be as peaceful and hopeful with them gone- oh no here i am crying again! Thank goodness for 2009 where there is internet, skype and cheaper long distance!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Goodbyes are so hard! The internet does help to stay in touch, though. You have such a big heart. Maybe that is why you have two kittens again. :)
How wonderful that y'all have been able to cultivate such a sweet friendship. . .Japan sounds like a wonderful family trip for the future. :)
HILARIOUS about the kittens.
I've sworn off trips to the pet store for a while. Poor Anna's gerbil died last week. So she's lost her guinea pig, fish, bunny, and gerbil all in about 6 months or so. :( We went to look at new bunnies, and she cried on the way home b/c one of the bunnies looked like her old one. Even J.J. said we're buying her a new one when she gets back from her youth, beach trip. At least our cat is still alive!
Post a Comment