




Happy Birthday my sweet babies. Well yesterday the twins turned one year old. It has been one of the longest years of my lives in many aspects and also one of the shortest in others. It has been a year that has come with many blessings and frustrations. I am now a believer in you never know what life has in store for you. These little blessing have stretched each of us in so many new ways. Above all I would think that we are the family of patience and multitasking. We have all found ways to do a million things are the same time. Some how through it all the twins appear to feel loved and very much a part of the family. Of the biggest adjustments this year was our schedule when Darcy is working. When Darcy would work nights this was our free time to do all kinds of fun things from swimming at the Y to dinner and then the library. Let's just say that those things are not the same with two little babies. As a mother I have realized that the relationships between the siblings is such a special bond and Samuel and Walt have been as blessed as the twins through their taking care of them. There are nights I have struggled to stay up and blog just so that I would not forget those special moments as everyone told me it would be at least a year before I came out of the fog- well i think we did better than expected - we kept moving, kept homeschooling and above all had many laughs in the process. I think me and Darcy finally realized that we two indepedent people were not going to make it with out the other- there was no way to do this alone:) It is amazing to be the receiver of such a blessing as the twins- it is amazing to watch their little personalities and their sinful nature right from the start (Ella likes to be holding all the pacifiers). I am most happy that the year is behind us- there were points i wasn't sure i was going to make it without spending the rest of my life in tears- haha Of all the favorite memories I have one of my favorite was i left to go to a neighbors- totally frazzled- i came back to find Darcy somehow holding both twins - feeding them and had a book propped reading- I realized then if i was going to enjoy this i needed to relax:)) We have learned that being dirty will not kill us, and laughter is the best cure for the day that has just stunk!! Overall my little Ben and Ella I cannot even imagine life without you- and like your big sister Amelia said this morning- you are one again- you are one all year!!!! Love my angels!!
He Said:
A year, a year, and nearly a lifetime! It's been much busier and much more work than I though imaginable. Fortunately for all of us, Suzanne has kept us all together and working diligently. She truly is the 'Queen Bee' of our little hive! The older kids have also been a great help fetching and disposing of diapers, making bottles, and offering to help at the most opportune times. What a blessing is my family to me. God is good.
"Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth." PSALM 127:4
1 comment:
This is great, Suzanne! These entries will be so precious down the road, when all that craziness is a distant memory. Happy birthday to your sweet babies. :)
Post a Comment