Saturday, July 25, 2009
I am going to post later today about the twins and there birthday but first wanted to post some other things. It seems to be a season of life of trials and uncertianty. It has been difficult lately as we have heard of several dear friends who are sick, families who are struggling to pay the bills and just the general hardships that come with everyday life. For some reason it has been a difficult time to read the scriptures- instead i have made myself busy with all the things going on around me- feeling as if nothing I am doing is helping I feel tempted to give up- last night I made myself pull out my bible- how bad does that sounds- made myself- yikes but for some reason it was the last place i wanted to look for answers. As I read familiar verses of God faithfulness I was reminded that things are not always easy, we are not always provided with answers but that God is always faithful. God is always present- i found myself weeping as I know that my father whom I love cares for me- with a love that is greater than the love i have for my own children. As we get ready to start a new year of homeschooling I have begun to wonder- can I really pull this off- is it really going to make a difference with my children- but it is funny- there are more changes going on with me perhaps then with my children. I am learning that in the midst of anger and frustration I must have self control- i always thought I mastered this one okay- ha ha. I am learning that love goes beyond anything that I ever imagined and the support that my husband so freely gives is amazing. So it is easy to look at the negative to see the pain and not the blessing- amazing how reading the scriptures turn your focus back to Christ and you begin to see the picture a little clearer. As for now I will struggle ahead knowing that both me and my children are a work in progress- waiting on the finishing day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment