Sunday, July 19, 2009
Summer
Ok i have not posted for so long and i am not sure why- probably because i have gotten sucked into this horrible game called bejeweled at night and spend my evening try to beat my score and that of my friends- pathetic I know. Actually the other evening we rented the movie John Adams- i know some of you are thinking that I have totally lost my mind- we i must say lately i have been in a rather patriotic mood and realized when teaching my children about the founding of our country that there was a lot that i did not know- so i am now onto the john adams mini series. I must say it makes me appreciate my biggest problem being a dirty house. It also makes me long for the days when our leaders held meetings about our country and then sang a few hymns afterwards. Enough said- check out the movie! Today my children are in rare form as the weather has been considerably cooler and I think that they think fall is here- well for a few days at least. Samuel and Walt have been running around the neighborhood playing all sorts of games. Samuel has discovered that he has a loose tooth and has been spending most of the last two days wiggling his tooth and then talking about how much blood there will be when it falls out- yikes the life of a mom of boys- why is that they always want to talk about blood and stuff when you are at the table. Today me and Darcy worked in the children's area at church. We taught in Amelia's class and I must say I am also 100 percent sure that is not our calling. It was sun to see a lot of the kids that she talks about but- crazy behavior out there these days- the concept of listening to the teacher must be something that is no longer taught at home- the kids seemed very shocked that they were expected to listen to us- scary! Th twins turn one in a few short days and I am trying to wrap my mind around where a year has gone- so many diapers changes, bottles and long nights. We are now in the easy stage where they go right to bed and spend most of the day playing. Although Amelia is all of the sudden wanting to play baby a lot- where she is the baby- good thing these little guys are about to walk!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Levi lost his first tooth on Sunday....it wasn't really ready, but he had Eric pull it anyway b/c he was so excited to lose his first tooth! Ha. We really must come for a visit. I just got all my sonlight stuff in...we are doing American History Part one and I am very excited! Maybe we could do a field trip together to Williamsburg or something together this year! Love you. Love your new blog look. Miss you!
ash
Nice pictures. Sure as anything they are growing up. To bad we cannot keep them at this stage and we also stop growing older.
Papa
Post a Comment