Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Beach Vacation
Yeah!! we made it 13 hours in the car with 5 kids and are not crazy!!! We are having a wonderful time and it is amazing as it is like nobody has missed a beat- they go to bed/sleep all night and have adjusted to being in 4 different places in about 5 days. We are now relaxing at the beach and just getting to enjoy being a family. It is the first time my whole family has been at the beach and really gotten to have fun together. My brother has been most gracious to host all of us- and the boys think everything about Uncle Doug is perfect. As do the rest of us:)) Well the kids have loved playing in the sand, snorkeling in the ocean- i should say the boys have enjoyed it- Amelia got her foot caught in seaweed yesterday and I thought that she was going to have a heart attack as much as she was screaming and losing all control- she agreed to go back down to the beach with Darcy today but has warned us all she will not be getting in the water- but she is like her mom and cannot stay out of the water- so i think she will just have to overcome her fear of seaweed- hahah. The trip has been eye opening in many ways- I did not realize at home how tired. angry and basically not enjoying anything about life. This has been a wonderful stressfree trip- it has made me realize that there are many ways to skin a cat as my grandpa would say- in other words the boys are headed back to school and mom is getting the rest she needs-- i have never been so tired and basically behind on everything- so we will see- they have amazing teachers which is a blessing- and i look forward to reading with them- any book they want- talking with them and basically having some carefree moments- as we all know the twins are enough stress for one family- well i should not be so hard on them as they have done wonderful this trip- i think nana is wondering how we function on a daily basis- two babies at the beach has been crazy---- well must go- off for more fun!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're getting/got a break (relatively speaking) at the beach, Suzanne!
I can't wait to talk to you about all of this. I hope you're feeling like "the load has been lifted." I remember feeling like I was doing 952 things poorly, when Luke was a baby, and there was only one of him! I always feel good, just making a decision to change something when things feel crazy. Anyway, I'm excited for you. . .can't wait to hear about school. Love, E :)
Post a Comment