Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall is coming:))

It is a beautiful day- and just as I was beginning to get blue about the end of summer- i remembered just how lovely fall days are in Kentucky. There are so many things that I love about living in Kentucky- that I have decided to start focusing on those instead of the negative:) I told Darcy that I have never been a negative person- that is until the twins were born. Now i would like to think of myself as just evaluating my situations more- but it could also be seen as very negative. I have begun to feel like with the twins and the craziness of 5 children that I need to evaluate the time I spend on things and see what it worth it- as there seems not enough time to go around. During this time of evaluation my sinful nature takes hold and pushes me to be a lazy person and look for the easy way of doing things- hence always a battle of the wills. Well the last few days have been great- i have been trying out saying "No"- no i am too busy, no i have other commitments, no i just really don't want to-- it has been refreshing to take hold of life and have some choices. Of course I am still battling the forever school giant- there of course are flaws with every type of education- it is just a fact of life- with me i am trying to judge those that will make a difference in the future. Our pastor gave an excellant message on educating your child and talked about stepping away and leaving it to the school system- very eye opening- as the responsibility always lies with you the parent---- so here we are trying to figure out if the "new progressive" math that our school chooses to teach is really as bad as they say-- i am a product of whole word reading- you know when they decided in the 80's that phonics was old school and were going to try a new program- oh yeah about 5 years later they realized that phonics was great and oh by the way sorry kids--- well i have both sides that influence my- my in laws are great supporters of homeschooling and feel that there are excellant ways to teach children at home- my parents on the other hand feel that school is the only place to learn life lessons. So I have decided to take a new stand- we will pray, discuss and then i am handing it off to Darcy:) I told him it was my new practicein submitting- i think that he would rather me give up control of a million other things- but i said since this is an area i am too emotional about and sleep depreivation makes my give up- it is his-- we will see what he decides!!!
As for Amelia- she has started preschool- it is still undecided yet if she likes it or not- as she was hoping to be in with the 5 year olds- how she is not aware she is 3 I am not sure- at least she wasn't aiming for 10 or something. She loves playing with the other kids and time on the playground- she is getting to be hilarious as she has a million little imaginary friends and is my most laid back child. That is a blessing as the twins tend to dominate things lately. She is so willing to help and loves to "do dishes". This consists of her playing in soapy water with a rag and dirty dishes- but it is a start:) She loves music and heard Natalie Merchant in Kroger the other day and said " i need daddy to get me some of that music! Love it!
The twins are crazy- they are starting to say several words as they realize that gets a response from the others. Benjamin has escaped upstairs several times- we have been looking for him only to hear him saying all done from upstairs. So we went to Lowe's and purchased the gate that never comes out of the wall- as it is going to be a long time till i free them- haha I have also moved Ella into Amelia's room for naps- the two of them were talking all the time and driving me crazy- they still do ok at night- i think because they are so tired- but the last few days spent nap time talking to each other:) What a mess!! I am hoping that they will start walking soon- so they can enjoy the backyard-
Speaking of the backyard we go bunnies this weekend-more on the next post:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the update. I will pray for Darcy now with the schooling decisions. Ha! Thanks for letting us know what's going on in your world through your blog. It's an honor to be your friend. :)