Wednesday, November 11, 2009
The Boys (and Amelia) are back
WEll we are back into the world of homeschooling and loving every minute of it. I was tired and frustrated most of the last 12 weeks and realized it was because I was not doing what God wanted me to do. I spent many hours praying about homeschooling the kids- but must admit that deep down really wanted to do anything but that- the one saving grace to my stubborn self was that I had signed the kids up for swim team- which meets 4 days a week and is nearly impossible to keep up if they are in traditional school and have a life outside of that! So as we wore ourselves out running from here to there and really accomplishing anything and realized that being disobediant never pays off- mainly I was trying to avoid that horrible feeling I had last year- now I am realizing that the feeling was fatigue from the twins and really nothing to do with the older kids- hurray!!! So we are off and running and I must say that I am loving learning things that I either never learned or had forgotten- I have put Darcy on the task of gathering some resources for me because at times the sheer amount of info that we have at our fingertips is a bit overwhelming! The boys are excited to be at home and are being diligent in their studies and loving having some imput on what they would like to read etc. So in the middle of all the changes I decided that if we were going to be a non traditional family- we were also going to give up Amelia's preschool- she will actually have preschool 2 days a week through homeschool activites- anyway she has spent most of the fall sick (as she was going in the afternoon and she is one child who still takes huge naps!!). So we are glad for the changes- TIRED- Yes- but I am also realizing that life goes on and this life is a lot better than the crazy one we had a few weeks ago!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you:) I'm still on the homeschooling fence myself, so I know you can AGONIZE over the right thing to do...and sometimes just because you don't want to doesn't mean that's not what God has for you:) Praying for you:)
Post a Comment