Monday, January 11, 2010

The Day is Saved

Well I got reprimanded by my husband for a poor attitude. It is not that I had a bad attitude about the day- in fact I had very high expectations for the day and they were even written out on paper (this does not happen often). The problem with my day was the fact that whenever I have things organized and ready to go- the kids are not- when I have nothing planned the kids ask "when are we going to do school". I know that as a mother of five I should be a little more willing to go with the flow- but that is something I am still learning- I better learn it fast right?? So how was the day saved? By a knight in shinning armor who is able to make wonderful meals and wrestle the twins into the tub. I must say that by 6 at night I just am really done doing baby- you know the playing, wiping noses, changing diapers etc. This is when Darcy steps in makes dinner- takes over the twins and allows me at least 30 minutes to think in complete sentences- it is amazing how much that helps. Tonight the wonderful dinner allowed me to have enough brain power to work on long division, supervise 1st grade reading, work on writing the letter A both capital and lower case ( i know I am a smart chick!). Also much credit goes to the Story of the World. I love that book- we read so much tonight- my kids do not realize that it is hard for me to put down and when they beg for me to read just a little more I am just as excited as them to continue- so tonight we read some african folklore and it is always amazing what children will say when you ask them the moral of the story- haha we will save that for another post.

So the new year is off to a pretty good start- praise one- we did school today- as crazy and as long as it took- we still got all the subjects in- praise two- quiet times (and I mean so nicely quiet) with the Lord!! Yeah!! praise three- date night scheduled with my husband and wonderful sitters to watch the kids- two needs met at once!!!

No comments: