Sunday, February 21, 2010
Merry Maids
The name Merry Maids- should have made me realize that they were not going to be a good fit for a family- as I am not sure that any maid would be merry to enter our home- even though things look neat and tidy around out house- any deep cleaning has not happened here in a long time- hence the twins- haha Well thinking that I am totally in over my head with the twins, amelia, homeschooling and the move- I decided that what I need is to have Merry Maids come and fix all the domestic problems that I am having. Well they came and did a survey of our house- gave their estimates and left me and Darcy to think over how much we wanted maid. Well I knew that we needed some work done on the dust collecting on the baseboards and window seals but after all of it decided that they were just WAY too expensive and then I made a list of all of the other things that could be done with that money- and of course I decided that they were not needed. However this weekend we decided it was time to get busy on this house in case that there was someone in this crazy real estate market that wanted to come look at our house- so I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned- painted baseboards and cheered on my husband and he repainted the halls and bathroom- well half way through cleaning the laundry room I had to burst out laughing- I think that the estimate that Merry Maids gave us was very gracious- there has been so much dust cleaned out of this house it is crazy- I am not sure where all the stuff comes from. It is funny how we always have a perspective on our lives that is some how off just a little- haha I thought that I would be able to just do a little touch ups and that was it- but on the positive side it gave me some good thinking time- great time with Samuel- my little work horse that is happy to help with whatever task you set before him, and also sometime to get my priorities back in order before we take on this huge task of moving. So now that those things are off the table I must go back to the schooling question, home rental and church searches. I am finding that once again i function best when very busy- which is another reason being shut up inside at winter is not the best thing for my personality. We are learning to love each other in the middle of frustration, misunderstandings and sheer exhaustion. We are also realizing that it is going to be very hard to leave this place we call home- it is amazing how many little things ( such as apple trees, mulberry bushes and our birdhouse) that make it yours and in turn hold so many memories. I am trying to keep focused on the fact that this is just a small reminder that our home is not on this earth and the things that we spend tons of time on if they are not for the kingdom of God are just a waste. We are also learning that as a family the time we have together is worth more that an "ideal" situation. So here we head into another week of homeschooling, swim lessons, swim team and the insanity of trying to teach Ben and Ella to talk- someone always gives in and gives them what they want so talking does not seem necessary- but we will still work on it::)) And the Olympics have inspired the kids to have a snow path in the backyard and we have taped some wonderful footage of the crazy kids and their competetion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment