Thursday, February 18, 2010
The sign is up
When i got home from bible study today the for sale sign was in the front yard- quite a weird thing to experience whether it is a good change or not- it is a reminder of all the change and experiences in one place- I was surprised that tears came to my eyes - At times I feel like we have moved so much- and with each new place we have learned so much and grown as people and as a family- so as we start on this new adventure I wonder what the next few years will hold. I had to stop several times and pray this morning as now we have entered the stage where whenever we leave the house it should be in good shape "in case" we show the house while gone. This brings about in me the horrible state of wanting everything perfect and little people do not always understand what perfect looks like. So today I had to stop several times and remind myself that this is life- it is about the experience, growing and serving God- not being perfect. I thought about my children and what they see when I am frustrated, inpatient and basically ugly acting- I decided today I will make and effort to be the person they see patience in- that I will rise above any frustration and enjoy the amazing gift of the five little people that God has so blessed me with- and to tell you the truth we laughed more than we have in a long time- i have started to focus on looking for a solution on the things we struggle in at school instead of getting bogged down in the defeat. Samuel really struggles with reading- he is a good reader for 1st grade but wants to read like his older brother- so he is frustrated with the book choices and asking for help - so yesterday we head off to the bookstore to find something that he will love and will draw him in and start him on the wonderful adventure that books can bring- well we settled on a book and after reading the first few pages he decided to try agian tomorrow- so today he took it with him everywhere- and there was my little man- totally involved in the book- he was not able to hear anything around him- he was reading- hooray!!! So tonight he finished the book- and asked "what can I get next"" Little steps I keep telling myself-- Amelia got a barbie book- that looked ok- it had barbie dressed in a lot of different outfits- being a vet, firefighter etc. Of course Amelia's favorite is the teacher- she is dressed in a very short skirt- yikes- amelia says- when i am older I will be a teacher and dress just like Barbie- ok so my work is cut out for me- hahha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment