Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Mom's wise sayings
My mom is usually right- even though I am one of those independent people and like to try things on my own- I know that mom will never steer me wrong. One thing she has been saying lately is that I need to find something to give up- but you know it has just been one of those seasons when we have been really busy- and it was hard to find one thing to give up- so me being the stubborn person I am refused- so this past month I have spent most of the time frustrated with schooling, the house, the move- you name it - it made me made- but all of this was because I was not getting the sleep I need. My kids are a lot like me- they are good sleepers- we like naps and believe in lots of sleep at night- at least 8 hours for big people 12 for the little guys- but honestly I can not tell you the last time that happened for me- well Saturday it caught up with me- out of the blue I get the flu- only about 24 hours did it last- but that was long enough- I spent all of Sunday either in bed or on the couch- most of it asleep and then went to sleep on Sunday night and slept the whole night- ok so how did i not notice that my body was that tired or worn out?? Denial!! So this week we have started out with 2 snow days- and used today to catch up on school. I am realizing that tiredness is my greatest enemy- it robs me of the ability to see the end result but keeps me focused on the daily work- so today I am determined to start changing a few things around the Pach house- and also praying that tomorrow is a snow day so we do not feel the need for a whole day of schooling:))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment