Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Old Friends
One of life's greatest treasures are old friends. There is something about people that knew you in a different place and time. Some of my dearest friends are from when I was at college at UGA. I always say I was so fortunate to have and amazing roommate named Ashlie- but as time goes by I realize how many things have come out of that situation- I realize how many steps God had in place from that simple six months that we lived together. During my first 6 months at UGA I had the pleasure of having one of the best roommates ever- to tell you the truth sometimes she drove me crazy as she was determined I was going to campus ministry with her and at times I was as determined not to meet all these new people- but luckily she won out and I met some of the most amazing people that God still uses to encourage, inspire and keep me in line today. In the present it seems that there are times that are overwhelming, where you are trying to trust that things will turn out ok - it seems the last two weeks with all the events- of being told we will move again with 5 little ones in tow and losing a dear friend, there where times when I wanted to cry say "I quit, I am tired- i want to rest for a while"! But God has other plans and I have an eternity without laundry so I cannot complain. Well when I had reached the end of my rope- Darcy got an email from a friend from college who was coming in to town to see us. He was in Louisville on business and was making the 1 1/2 drive for us- that is awesome!! Well- it was like a breath of fresh air- it is amazing how refreshing is to see someone you have known for a very long time- someone who knew you before life got so complicated and before you knew life could hurt so bad. So we got to laugh, walk down memory lane but most of realize that God gives you amazing gifts in friendship something that I can easily take for granted!! So now I realize that I must pick up and move on with things- get over how hard things can be sometimes and lean on God. I know he has big plans and maybe that is what sometimes scares me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a gift Suzanne. So glad God brought you into my life so many years ago. And even if we don't get to live next door here on earth, we do have eternity together!
Post a Comment