Thursday, January 28, 2010
Dear Emily!!
It is now a week since I wrote my last blog about my dear friend Emily. She passes away Tuesday morning to be with the Lord. It is with great sorrow that I am writing this email. I must say that there are things in life that are so bitter sweet that it is hard to process or make sense of them. Emily has been struggling the last several months after catching swine fl this summer and it seemed like it was wearing on her- but the last week when I talked with her it was amazing to hear her still fighting still trusting in the Lord even though she was feeling so bad. I am glad that she is no longer in pain, no longer struggling with the many side affects of the transplant- but from an earthly point of view I miss her- as well it is hard to know that those closest to her, her husband, daughter and parents are suffering such an enormous loss. It is amazing as I think back over the times that we spent together- that in the midst of so many physical trials that she was always the first to smile, share a kind word or offer some sort of hospitality. I think about myself and whether or not I would be able to offer the same. It has made me stop and realize how distorted my focus is sometimes- it is not on others, sharing the gospel it is more on my comfort. i am confronted tonight on the need to change that focus to look for ways God can use me just as I am not when I arrive at some certian point. I am thankful that my life crossed paths with Emily's, thankful for the legacy she has left behind in Faith. While I continue to pray for her family and the grief they must go through- i know that we are all better people and that God has used her life in amazing ways to touch each of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is bittersweet, as you said. I will most definitely be praying for their family.
Post a Comment