Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adjustments

So I have finally realized that I am going to have to try new places- totally readjust the way I have done life the last seven years and see the beauty in things just as they are- we today was one of those times- we have been totally spoiled in Kentucky of having one of the most wonderful libraries around- although after my experience today at a small town library I realize why the nice farming folks of our small Kentucky town were not pleased when tax dollars were used to build such a wonderful library. But today me and all the kids decided to venture out and try out small town living at its best- the library the size of our front porch- the most humorous part of the whole thing was the number of workers they were able to squeeze into the space- everytime I moved someone would say- Do you need help finding something- as if in one glance I could not read all the titles to the books- however I was unable to get to them for all the staff-- it is actually nice to be in a small community where people are truely excited that you have moved into their community and for once the twins sat very nicely in their stroller- although i must take the pacifiers away- but until people know us as a normal family we will keep the pacifiers.

1 comment:

The Pilots Wife said...

I'm sure I couldn't live in a place that didn't have the kind of library I've grown accustomed to. :) Did the double stroller fit inside? It's nice of Ben and Ella to be so well behaved in your new town. I'm sure we'd be social outcasts in 5 minutes in a place like that (see my blog post about LUke and you'll know what I'm referring to)! Miss you guys.