Sunday, July 18, 2010

Moving Blues

Ok so I claim not to be a creature of habit and with the twins our life is ever changing- so in my crazy mind I thought that moving would be a piece of cake- minus the unpacking- however once again I find myself in an unfamiliar place- however with the feeling of being home- how does that work? I am not sure my self although I am thinking that it has something to do with this old house which is a combination between the house i grew up in and the old house I lived in in college- it has familiar sounds and smells- but yet so unfamiliar- so I did the fun task of taking all the kids to a new church today- Darcy is working nights so I had the wonderful experience of trying to make a sound decision about church all the while wanting to be back in Kentucky where things were familiar and like home. It is amazing how God stretches us and grows us and will not allow us to wander at times- I think that I need to pray daily for him to "bind my heart to thee" as with all the challenges and things God refuses to let me cling to must mean I need to be totally dependent in him with little choice in the matter of my own. I must say I am blessed to have nothing else to turn to but God because I think I would try and fill my life with a million other things- horrible I know. Well I decided the other day to use this turn to change some things that I thought about a million times in Kentucky- like buying a side of organic beef- trying to take a step back and look more long term instead of just making it through the day- i feel like we have had 3 years of making it through the day and it is time to expect more, do more and become a participant in life again. I need to set down and plan our school for the next year- I have given up on the idea of a couple quiet days to do that but think that there might be a way to convince Darcy to take the older ones camping- at least it would give me some blocks of time to plan out the next year- oh yeah- must brag on myself we are the proud owners of 2 kittens- they are living out in the barn and after 2 weeks we are still in love with them- although I love animals living in town and having pets was not my thing- here however it is heaven- the kids have been very responsible in taking care of them- I think we may have turned a corner- although i do not think I am ready to take on the dog thing just yet. I am praying that God will continue to supply all my needs- and that I will realize that the community of believers extends further than I know!

No comments: