Sunday, August 22, 2010
I don't want to be Jonah
So our evening was much better than yesterday and earlier today- it is amazing how my kids really like to have choices or an opinion but then come to me and say "what do you think would be best for me" I love how that happens because then we get to talk agian about praying about decisions and how we need to do what God desires for us. Tonight the kids were all sitting in the living room doing a variety of things- Walt writing a story, Amelia playing with beads and Samuel- of course star wars legos- so I decided a great time to do our bible reading. It was amazing that we were on the story of Jonah- I love reading Jonah in the bible because it is always a reminder to me to read the rest of the story- there is so much more to the story of Jonah and also God's characteristics then what you get in sunday school- so tonight we read the story and talked about making judgements about people and who is worthy or mercy and how that is God's job and he does not need our help- we also talked about how Jonah heard God's voice and choose to go the opposite way- it was funny how the kids related not wanting to be here in our new house with Jonah not wanting to go to Assyria-- they realized that we need to be greatful when God provides and that what God wants to do does not always line up with making us comfortable. Overall nice evening- it is still so hot but in the evening it cools down and the wind blows and that is baically lovely. I am so excited about Darcy's new schedule and realize the stress level in our home is going to be so much less- he will not be sleeping during the day while the kids play- working at night while we sleep- working weekends etc. when i think about how we have lived for 5 years I am surprised it has worked so well- but we are excited to be a normal family again- so tomorrow I must finish the rest of my lesson plans and get ready to get started-- we are going to ease into the changes in schedule as it is hard for everyone to give up summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment