Sunday, August 22, 2010
LIFE
Ok so I thought that things were going well and that everyone for the most part had expressed all their likes and dislikes with everything and then this week happened. Basically of my kids at one point or two or three have been crying that they want to go home and this is not home. I am blamming some of the twins fussing on the move- haha but I am thinking that is not what is wrong with them- they are just a little spoiled and have figured out crying works- works to get whatever they want including icee pops at 9:30 in the morning. I am one of those moms that hates to see my kids upset- especially when I am upset and having a hard time as well. There are so many great things about moving but also there have been some hard struggles- so far we have been to 5 new churches and have not found one we would go back to again- we have gone to one coop meeting- which was a success and have watched as our other homeschool group is going through some hard changes. It has been a difficult season but I am determined that it will be a good change for our family- one good thing is that the public school here seems to be pretty good- so if all fails and falls apart with homeschooling we do have some options- but we are set to homeschool and see how it goes. So we are struggling through all those feelings of when you leave somewhere and you want to have friends over and realize that you have none in the state- not a great feeling- but I keep reminding myself that these are the situations that pull you closer to Christ- that these are the times my children will pray and see God move in their lives not when they are comfortable. The boys have thrown themselves into various things- Walt cannot be pulled away from the new book series he is reading and Samuel is doing battle with Rome on the computer- I would prefer them be outside and running around but then I have to remember that it is so hot here and nobody really wants to be outside until evening. So we trudge ahead through all the muck and mire and hope that things will turn out good- that we will find a church home and some new people we at least rocognize in the community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It may not feel like you are handling things well at times but by providing your kids with the bigger picture, you have given them an opportunity to see God at work in your lives. They may not feel blessed, but God is using this time to grow your family. I feel for you, having 2 two year olds. I can barely deal with Stella most days! Miss you guys like crazy. We are always taking about you in some way or another. Think we will visit when the weather is cooler. :)
Post a Comment