Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Life

I have not been posting anything to be quite honest I do not feel as though I have much positive to say and do not feel that it is best to complain and whine on my blog or at least until I have found some light at the end of the tunnel. I must say this move is still challenging me in ways I did not expect. God has blessed me with a million little things that I have always wanted and how I enjoy those- long walks in a quaint little downtown with my kids, lots of room to run and play with a yard filled with 200 year old trees, kittens laying on a great old southern front porch, kids so dirty everynight from long hours outside. The down side has been trying to make all the things that kept school and life going at our old home work here- before we were about 3 miles from anything and everything you could need except IKEA. Here we are at least 30 minutes from all the things that keep a mother sane- the library, ymca great grocery store. So in other words there have been lots of ups and downs- lots of ways to serve others in our new church, lots of great things they just make it plain and clear on a daily basis that we are not at "home". The positive side as I said i would not post until there was at least one thing positive- we took a long weekend to my parents. This is the amazing place where my soul gets fed- where you want life to slow down(this is not a usual feeling for a mother with 2 2year olds) Anyway- amazing trip, wonderful time with family and friends. As usual it was so hard to leave- so hard in fact that I talked my husband into staying another day- skipping a field trip that I organized- which is ok because it was one of those field trips where I organized the buying of tickets and then everyone was on there own. I have found however the best time of day to leave somewhere you love is about 5 am. This way you are so tired that all you want to do is get in the car and have coffee- very little tears at this time in the morning. So anyway when we arrived home it was amazing that I was not blue- everytime I have made a trip home in the last 12 years I am so blue when I get back to my house- this time was different- it seems like this place fits us- there is room to spread out- animals around and all those things I have always wanted. I guess in moving and reinvesting in people is always difficult- difficult to manage all the things that go on in daily life as well as the kiddos and school. Life has been crazy around here for so long I am thinking that we are to the point I should just embrace it::)) This weekend we had an example of how sometimes I can feel I am wasting all my time. Well I decided that we would order catapillers through the mail( yes I know you can grow certian flowers to attract them but not this time) We have been watching them get bigger and bigger waiting for the day that they would spin the coccon. So I back the net enclosure that we will use for them and grab the cup of catepillars- I pass Samuel on the way to the car and say "make sure these get in the car". As we arrive at Nana and Papas I start wondering what in the world happened to the catepillars- hoping that Ella did not eat them-- we could not figure out where they were- then I hear Samuel say "I am thinking that they never made it in the car". Crazy kid of course they are not in the car you sat them down on the porch to go put salt on the huge slug crawling by. So anyway I tell my husband that pretty much sums up our year homeschooling this year- we have all of these great intentions followed by expensive purchase of materials only to totally miss the mark- but the catepillars were still on the porch when we got back and in their coccoons- so now we will hope that we are able to see them hatch- if we miss that for some odd reason or kill them before then I am going to have to give it up and pay the outrageous fee for a science class and send the boys! Overall I can see God working in us- I am just a little disappointed that I am so far from a finished work- all of the things that kept me sane have been ripped away and we are starting from scratch- not always a bad thing:))

1 comment:

stacy said...

So glad you updated your blog! I've been thinking about y'all. I pray you find good friends and that it feels like home soon.