Ok so it was my bright idea to go to the Renissance Festival- Let's just say that I am probably not going to be the one in charge of planning any more of the family outings. It was a beautiful day but the festival was a bit odd. There were so many people there and not a lot of people dressed in the time period clothing- very big disappointment. The kids of course thought it was great as there were a ton of activites (all costing lots of money) and lots of rich food to eat. Basically I am not sure that the festival gave the children any more knowledge on the time period- but we will try again. We took a wonderful drive through the country hoping to find the perfect house only to find that we love the house that we are renting and as the days go by it is really starting to feel more like home. It is amazing how God continues to work on me and my idea of a good life- and how opposite his plan is for my life. We are to serve, to help others and above all glorify him. I am not sure where the ideas of comfort and fun became the biggest priority. We are finding our way around town- have gotten involved in a church and are trying to rearrange our old lives to fit the new one. I am thankful each and every day that God has only called us to North Carolina instead of somewhere outside of the states because this has been a lot of change and I must say that I have not handled it as gracefully as I thought I would. The kids are loving being out in the country- waiting for the chickens to lay their eggs and finally having pets. Praise the Lord the little kittens returned as the hit the road during our long weekend away at my parents. Amelia is beyond excited to be turning 5 this week and I have no idea where 5 years have gone. I keep hearing in the back of my mind the wise words of Darcy's Nana- "you will long for the sound of little feet when they have grown" I must say that this is already true Even in the midst of all the laundry and meals to be cooked it is crazy that time goes so fast. I think that my focus is too much on the daily tasks and I am letting it rob away the precious moments with these little ones. Oh to find the balance in life.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Renaissance Festival
Ok so it was my bright idea to go to the Renissance Festival- Let's just say that I am probably not going to be the one in charge of planning any more of the family outings. It was a beautiful day but the festival was a bit odd. There were so many people there and not a lot of people dressed in the time period clothing- very big disappointment. The kids of course thought it was great as there were a ton of activites (all costing lots of money) and lots of rich food to eat. Basically I am not sure that the festival gave the children any more knowledge on the time period- but we will try again. We took a wonderful drive through the country hoping to find the perfect house only to find that we love the house that we are renting and as the days go by it is really starting to feel more like home. It is amazing how God continues to work on me and my idea of a good life- and how opposite his plan is for my life. We are to serve, to help others and above all glorify him. I am not sure where the ideas of comfort and fun became the biggest priority. We are finding our way around town- have gotten involved in a church and are trying to rearrange our old lives to fit the new one. I am thankful each and every day that God has only called us to North Carolina instead of somewhere outside of the states because this has been a lot of change and I must say that I have not handled it as gracefully as I thought I would. The kids are loving being out in the country- waiting for the chickens to lay their eggs and finally having pets. Praise the Lord the little kittens returned as the hit the road during our long weekend away at my parents. Amelia is beyond excited to be turning 5 this week and I have no idea where 5 years have gone. I keep hearing in the back of my mind the wise words of Darcy's Nana- "you will long for the sound of little feet when they have grown" I must say that this is already true Even in the midst of all the laundry and meals to be cooked it is crazy that time goes so fast. I think that my focus is too much on the daily tasks and I am letting it rob away the precious moments with these little ones. Oh to find the balance in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment