Sunday, November 7, 2010

Disappointed

Ok so I am totally disappointed right as the holidays are approaching my camera is on the fritz- bad and good- bad is there are no pictures of my children dancing in the kitchen to christmas music, helping decorate the house (thank you Ben and Ella) or looking through the American girl catalog for hours on end- sweet Amelia-- but the good news is what a time to break if it is not repairable (is that a word?) Might mean I can get a new one for Christmas. I am learning this week all the ups and downs of moving and starting new traditions with kids- while excited about all the new things our home has to offer there are also those moments of sadness over things that will not be the same. We are also learning about heartbreak and long suffering as there seem to be hard things going on in the lives of family members and friends. I remember listening to my grandmother taking about looking forward to Christ returning and thinking as a high school and college student that I would never be to that point- there was so much to do here and so much to experience---- it is funny as you grow older- how life begins to get harder as the heartbreaks become more painful and really that you begin to long for the Savior to return. What a sweet thing in the middle of hard times.

No comments: