Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Slowly they have all fallen
Slowly one by one they have all fallen victim to the flu. Now Darcy and shortly after him Samuel are the victims. I am quite thankful that Ben and Ella were the first to get the flu as at this time in the game I do not have the patience to deal with a two year old that has no idea they are supposed to run for the bathroom when they are sick. I have realized this week that I can be a patient person. That is almost a nightly prayer for me- that tomorrow in God's new mercies I will learn to be more patient. I am not so sure what is always so pressing for me- maybe it is just the activites of the day. Although tonight when I was reading Amelia a chapter out of Little House in the big Woods I was reminded what busy really looks like. It also reminded me about simple fun and how now days we have made everything too big- i think as adults we can not handle it and I am not sure it brings any joy to our children. Since the fall we really have not participated in anything exctracurricular. It has been nice- for me- I think the kids like it too although they have missed swim team- With all this extra time on my hands this week- haha between laundry and scrubbing germs I have actually had some free time. The blessing of the flu- noone wants to eat- i hate cooking and more than that hate dishes so this week has not been all bad. We were looking back at some pictures of our old house and just realized that we are blessed beyond belief with where we live now- temporary or not- it is amazing for the kids to run and play- have chores- and build forts by the creek- I think i used to spend lots of my time trying to figure out what I would do with the kids- kind of a a hard task on 1/4 and acre. So now it is more trying to locate them. Overall this week has shown me how gracious that God is with me, forgiving when I am impatient, loving when I have no love to give and above all has blest me with health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment