Saturday, February 5, 2011

Trusting God

Trusting that God has a plan for your life at different stages seems like an easy thing to do. I do not remember worrying much about being a mother- I knew that God would give me the gifts needed to be a good mother. I remember leaving home to go to college 4 1/2 hours from home only knowing one person- I had prayed about it and felt confident that it would work out-- now fast forward to today and I find myself going back and forth between thinking I have a clue to realizing no not at all--- I think that I have been spending so much time in a state of exhaustion that it is really hard to make decisions. One day I am ready to leave the house we are renting and go back to what is familiar and comfortable (neighborhood). And other days when all are content I love knowing that the kids (and me) have some space away from the world. So basically this past year has been one of struggling through things in general. Struggling with all the kids hitting ages where they need a lot of time and guidence- last year we coasted- this year i feel like every conversation is one of those you need to stop and give your full attention. In it there have been fun times, dancing in the kitchen and tears over lifes changes. I think that as a family we have grown stronger together- but we have also realized all the amazing people that God had placed in our lives that walked alongside of us to help carry the burden, instruct out children, and basically love us warts and all. I am hopeful as we move ahead for the relationships that God will put in our lives, I am trusting that he has brought us to this place (hilarious as me and darcy talked 2 nights before the call to be transfered about how we were never interested in heading south again)and that he will work the things into our lives that we need- i am learning that things may be different and that it will be fine-- fine is not the word I should use- good!

No comments: