Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Not even sure what to say!
Well I am learning that my kids are as much spring and summer people as I am, all we needed was a little sunshine. This week the weather has been so great- sunshine, heat- all those lovely things. I feel quite spoiled compared to my friends living in KY as we are done with winter and on to spring and some days feels like summer. The kids are cracking me up all the time which helps me to know I am in a much better frame of mind. This week it was so hot one night that the kids decided to have a water fight. Ben and Ella were so excited when Amelia decided to help them find their swim suits. They kids were all playing and Ella got hit with some water- and that was the end of that. She came in the house in tears- i guess thinking some great injustice had been done. She took off her suit and ran upstairs. She was soon back downstairs carrying a new suit and also here pool floatie- I am thinking this kid is going to need to get a little bravier to make it in this family. She proceeded to wear the floatie around the house for the rest of the night- seeing as it was over her swimsuit I let this go. This morning however Ella was back at it again wanting to wear the floatie over her regular clothes- this is when I thought the insanity needs to stop. Benjamin has been cracking me up walking around feeling his forehead and proclaiming that he is "hot". We laugh and tell him he is such a northerner- this is not even hot for the summer we have ahead- so last night I shaved off all his hair which I hate to say has made him a little crazier then normal and he is running around claiming that he is "not hot". I must say that even schooling is looking up these days. A lot of my activites that we normally do to keep things moving with five kids ended last week- so this week we have tried to find what our new normal will look like- decisions decisions decisions. I hate that it is necessary to make decisions about the next school year at the end of another (esp. because I am prone to spring burnout!!) But we have a house picked- we have half of our current house packed, and we are ready for summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment