Monday, April 18, 2011
Failings of a mom
Well- I thought that today was going to be a great day and that my special little man would have a wonderful birthday- but sometimes a mother can only hope. I stayed up last night decorating the eating area- balloons, streamers- present (yes there was only one present because there is only one this Samuel wanted). Our day started off on a bad note- Samuel was in my room at 6:45 proclaiming that since it was his birthday he had no intentions of going to piano lesson- his argument "what sane child would want to go to an old crinkly ladies house for piano on his birthday" Ok not how I wanted to start the morning- all my hopes of a cheery little man excited about his birthday blew out the window- I reminded his that his piano teacher is a dear christian woman and while she is a little on the elderly side she has a special place in her heart for Samuel. He reminded me that she does not even know his name- not true she just thinks that his name is Walter. Anyway we proceeded to the kitchen where Samuel asked if he could open his present- of course Darcy was not able to be here as he has been working a ridiculous amount of hours- but when I think of the new house we will have I must overlook all the overtime. So Samuel rips into his present only to burst into tears- he keeps apologizing saying that he loves it- yeah right- i am thinking that when you love something you do not cry big tears of sadness. Come to find out the lego set that Darcy drove 45 minutes to get is not the right one- come to find out the one that Samuel wanted is very similar but not sold in the U.S. come to find out it is not sold in any of the progress countries that probably have laws against lead paint and other items that can make you sick. I am not sure why but guess it has something to do with our toys laws. So after a while we diffused that situation and all seemed well agian- Dad got off work early- the boys have been building for a couple hours and we have high hopes the evening will end on a high note- art class is this afternoon so that may help- and the teacher is young and pretty aways a plus!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment