Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Faith

I am beginning to realize that your faith grows tremendously when being tested- this is a good thing if you can withstand the testing. I am a person of order- so of you who know me would doubt that is possible to achieve with our crazy house-but I try- lately all order has gone out the window and the kids have decided to take over the house- i think in the middle of packing all of the boxes and the busyness of the house- they think anything is free game. Benjamin has taken to climbing the pantry shelves to help himself to whatever he sees fit- actually this would not bug me that much except I am not sure when he has eaten a regular meal due to all his snacking. Amelia has decided the best way to get atttention is to act as helpless as possible then ensuring that she will be noticed. Samuel is just being Samuel- rising to the occasion and taking charge when necessary and looking around at times like the sky might fall due to his three younger siblings behavior. Walt has decided the best way to deal with moving again is to refer to our new rental house as our summer home. Hilarious as it looks like a fabulous summer home- amazing yard- gardens with amazing flowers- i am just praying that sharing a room with Samuel and Ben goes well!! Of course Ben may have to endure being in with the girl- poor fellow. And Eleanor- what to say about Eleanor- she is the wild card that love order, quiet and basically anything that we are not able to achieve on a daily basis- today she decided that she as done wearing diapers and proclaimed "big girl" and grabbed a pair of Amelia's underwear- really- really you are going to decide to potty train in the middle of all of this. I remember praying that God would stretch me and grow me before we ever found out we were moving- amazing how God works in huge ways- next time I may be a little more speciifc. Today I had to think of the blessings of the last year or so and how our lives have changed in simple little ways- that have meant so much. The kids have the freedom to have pets- they forever have wanted to have a pet and space in our year limited that from happening- here we have seen four kittens be born and had the fun of our chickens, the kids have climbed trees, built forts at the creek and meant some great friends. God has blessed me with two amazing women in my life- who have had similar changes and also homeschool- such a blessing to see God working in their lives and their open hearts to love on my children as if they have known them forever. We are actually enjoying a lot of our stuff in storage and am wondering if I would ever miss a lot of it- plus the thought of going to a smaller house and having less cleaning is a very good thought!!! So here's to my husbands crazy schedule- but one that allows me to be at home and school the kids, moving to a small house with a great yard- less cleaning and just the basics- will be a nice change-- and summer--- letting go of all the expectations of school work and really reading some great books and discussing more things then I could have ever planned in the school year-- thank you God for being amazing gracious with us even when we doubt!! Oh yeah- I forgot to mention an amazing babysitter who will watch all five kids and truely enjoys then- and to her brothers who care for our pets when we go out of town!! What a blessing!

No comments: