I haven't been posting on my blog lately because i really have had nothing that exciting going on. Lots of hard lessons I am learning as I grow in Christ about where my focus is at- and most of the time I must say it is about me being comfortable. I am not sure where I got this idea that life was going to be comfortable and am thinking that I must have missed the lessons in sunday school that were about the christian life being hard and a narrow path that few will follow. I am realizing that I really and just stubborn and want things like i want them. I was working on a bible study last night and the author stated that the main problem with Adam and Eve was that they wanted what they wanted and did not want to be obediant. I instantly thought of myself and how i can be so ungrateful for the things God richly blesses me with because I am still holding out for what I want. Horrible I know. I remember before we moved praying that God would change my life- that he would take it from the ordinary, same day rountine and change it. I prayed that he would grow me closer to him. How did i not realize that they would mean big changes, things that were not comfortable and things that stretched me way beyond what I would like. So the past year has been one that has stretched me out of my comfort zone- allowed me to grow and change. And I must admit that I have spent more time in prayer this year then in the past five. So there are days that I look and say "why all of this" and then I realize that I had to have so many of my comfort things taken away to really trust God with my life. So I am reminding myself daily that I do not want to be the Isrealites that wandered around in the desert and even got to the point they were unable to remember what life in Eygpt was like but what sure it was better then what God was doing. So here I go determined to wake up everyday thankful for the challenges that draw me closer to him, thankful for answered prayers and trying to be thankful that I am not in control..
Now on to the hilarious day at our house- the boys rescued a lizard from our cat Socks. Socks is only still around as a pet because he has the best personality. He kills more birds then I thought possible. Today he moved on to lizards. The boys rescued the lizard from Socks and tried to put him back together again after a horrible bite! The putting him back together included papertowels and electrical tape. When they were telling me about the rescue I was trying so hard not to laugh- they were very serious. The best part was when Walt lifted up the lizard and shook him to show me that he was still alive- too hilarious. Anyway they have decided that the lizard is napping or possibly blacked out for a while but that he is definetely not dead. It has been several hours while he has been napping but I am unable to break the news to them- I am hoping they will realize all of this in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment